Why Am I Scared Of Graduating?

     
picture of students graduating
photo credits:


It was my first time in school and everyone seemed to be happy; they were all smiling, and chatty. Walking down the concrete pavement with friends, I couldn't just wait to be among them, or at least like one of them. I am a fanatic and lover of clean and well planned drainage system, and the faculty had just that, with lecture theatres having shiny walls, at least from the outside.

This is my story on my first visit to my to-be faculty just after the UTME. What else but external attractions could entice a wannabe student coming to his dream school for the first time?

The story however didn't take so long to change; if you know engineering very well then you will understand my point. I almost packed my bags and went home in my second year of study; I had never been subjected to such stress in my entire life, I was literally gasping for breath, from a tall pile of school work, and countless lengthy classes.

I felt betrayed by the happy students that I saw on my first visit,

“Were those students serious with their studies?”

I wondered, because I couldn't come up with an explanation of how someone can be faced with so much stress and yet find a way to walk so elegantly and chatty; as I saw them walk that day.
I felt like dropping out, if there was a way I could graduate at that moment; I would have jumped at it.

Now fast forward, and here I am, a final year student, (yeah, I managed to survive the stress; I do not know how it happened though), and the whole idea of graduating scares me to my toes.
This was the same me that would have jumped at any window that will lead out of the hell I leaved in back then in my second year.

Why am I reluctant to graduate now? You can tweet this
So I decided to run a survey, and would love to get your opinion on the matter.
As a student, you can perfectly relate with this. What do you think causes such initial desire to leave school, and then find the idea of graduating a scary thing when it’s finally knocking at your door?

Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.

A lot of evil has been portrayed about our universities, all we hear as news and happenings are stories of cultism, murder, prostitution and sorting – this one creates top stories in a lot of blogs. However, through this blog I intend to change this, and instead share stories of the troubles and worries of students who are working hard to achieve their dreams.
As part of my mission, successful stories of students will be shared, hacks on student life, interviews and podcast on various thriving issues in our universities and tertiary institutions will be shared weekly.

Coming to this blog daily will be hard work for you, so let me do the work for you, leave your email address in the form below, and whenever I make a new post, I will send you a mail, notifying you of the new entry, with a lot of other goodies.

Subscribe to my mailing list

* indicates required

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FALL FOR FAILURE-naijastudentsblog

Patrick Obahiagbon ---- waec seized my english result twice

What all jambites should know-naijastudent'sblog